No, that’s not a typo. Rather, it’s a lame say on words.
Last Monday, we finally moved into the little house that God provided for our first furlough. It’s a missionary house in Goode (pronounced gude, like rhyming with rude, and said best with an Appalachian accent), and it’s quickly becoming our home.
The boys’ picked out new sheets at Target, and I chose matching comforters. They love their new bedroom. They actually have floor space to play!
Since their room is actually the master bedroom, they even have their own bathroom. Let’s see how clean they keep it…Those lessons will start this week. Even better than their bedroom is the backyard. It’s wide open and great for afternoon sprinkler play.
My favorite room in the room is the schoolroom. It makes me anxious to start the school year, but I should probably have all my curriculum first! Levi is using Aaron’s old desk, and Jacob is using my childhood desk that my dad built for me. Noah gets the table in the corner, not because he’s bad. He’s too tall for the desks, so he and I will use this little kitchen table and chairs. I love that there’s a lot of floor space too.
Adjacent to the schoolroom is the living room. It’s a hodgepodge of furniture, but it does have a TV for our Friday pizza and movie nights. Aaron and I made our bedroom in the basement with the living room and schoolroom. Joshua’s room is off the kitchen. (Yes, it’s a weird set up.) My favorite part of the kitchen is the dishwasher, and the dining room turned out quite nicely.
So, there you have a little virtual tour of our cute little missionary house in Goode. God is so good, such a great Provider. We are blessed beyond measure and once again humbled by God’s hand in all the details of life.
Praises and Prayer Requests:
1. Praise God for our house! We are so thankful for all the people who made this happen. I should write a post just about all those details! It’s amazing to see how God works. Pray that we’ll (including the boys) be good stewards of all that God has given us.
2. Praise God for beautiful weather! The boys have been outside every day since moving, and they’re loving it. Please pray that we’ll make good friends as we get settled into our new neighborhood.
3. Please pray for my dad. He was hospitalized on Friday for kidney issues. The doctors aren’t sure what is causing the issues.
4. Pray for Aaron as he begins his new job.
5. Pray for Tenwek. Too few missionaries are left to carry the workload of the hospital. Please pray for them, that God would sustain them. Pray for the Kenyan staff, that they would work diligently to help bridge the gap. Pray for the community, that they would rise up and help wherever they can. Pray for unity among the entire Tenwek community, that everyone would hear and obey the voice of the Lord.
Romans 12:4-6 For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly…